is spent hungover. What a way to go out!
I haven’t been blogging much lately, partly because it’s summer and I am outside more often and also with the semester ending always being chaotic, and with the facebook status updates making it almost too easy to make a “blog postlette”, I haven’t really been motivatd too much.
I did get a new job for the fall, a company in Muellheim. Two classes back-to-back on Wednesday afternoons are worth more than 500 euros/month. That will be a huge cushion I need, especially because I want to be able to try and save some more money for next year. I was able to save 2500 euros this year and I want to do the same or maybe even 5000 next year but that will be tough. Then again, I don’t plan on spending as much travelling next year as I have the last years. In fact, I’m probably going to try and go out of my way to NOT travel as much as I have been the past 5 years. Franziska will be working on her masters thesis and studying for big exams through November of 2010. I want to start something in October that will help me better myself as a human being, whether it be:
- taking a German class or a ceramics class or a Swedish class
- studying to pass the German “language exam” as proof my German is good for “any” level
- do a masters program via a “long distance university” online
- do a bachelor’s program here in Freiburg. I could do that and work at the same time
- finish writing my novel The Newropean and look into publishing it
- get my photos printed onto canvas and have a professional exhibition
- work more
These are all possibilities and there are even more out there I’m sure but this is a good start. Franziska will be working hard and I feel like I should be doing something productive to improve my and by extension, our lives.
But for the meantime, I’m on my way to California tomorrow, a direct flight from Frankfurt to LAX, arriving at 5.20pm, plenty early that we should be able to hit Chipotle on the way home!